This is one of the most important aspects of oral health and aesthetics. In addition to daily dental hygiene, advisable in every case, a visit to the dentist at least twice a year is highly recommended for professional cleaning by an Oral Hygienist. The main goal is the promotion of health and prevention of oral diseases, maintenance of treatments and aesthetic improvements that allow a more beautiful and healthy smile over time. The regular visit to the dentist for Oral Hygiene treatments prevents all oral pathologies and maintenance of all treatments carried out in other specialties of dentistry.
Oral Hygiente Treatments:
plaque through scaling
Scaling is a procedure that eliminates plaque and tartar through an ultrasound device, cleaning the teeth and acting preventively against various oral problems.
Application of fluoride
In order to reduce the risk of teeth decay as well as teeth sensitivity, fluoride is applied on a high concentration gel, through trays for a few minutes. This substance helps to remineralize tooth enamel, making it stronger.
Application of fissure sealants
The application of fissure sealants is another method of preventing dental caries in which a resin is applied to the occlusal surface of the teeth that will harden through the incidence of blue led light. This procedure resembles a simple application of varnish, and it is completely painless.
ADVANTAGES OF ORAL HYGIENE TREATMENTS
Healthier gums and teeth:
- due to the removal of tartar and bacterial plaque, responsible for the most important diseases that affect the gums and teeth.
- because of the early detection of possible cavities and problems with the gums, as well as the respective correction.
- because of the regular treatments to protect and revitalize the teeth and gums.
Brighter and whiter teeth
- clean, healthy teeth have a better appearance and a positive impact on your own confidence and on those around you.
Maintenance of other treatments
- by watching from time to time restorations, implants, crowns, bridges, early detecting any changes or problems.
An excellent investment
- because of the reduced cost of this treatment and the future expense and problems that it might prevent and avoid, it is with no doubt an excellent investment, in addition to the health, well-being and aesthetic impact.